Experiments are good. So is pork and wild rice sausage. This is my pork and wild rice sausage experiment. It was yummy so I’m taking some for lunch tomorrow. Acini de Pepe pasta is usually used for salads or soups, it’s that round little pearl shape. This wasn’t a salad or soup, but it worked well. I imagine orzo or rice would also work well. Read on for the recipe.
on the menu:
- Acini de Pepe with Pork and Wild Rice Sausage and Mushrooms (see recipe below)
- Sweet corn
- Sweet Martha’s cookies
Acini de Pepe with Pork and Wild Rice Sausage and Mushrooms
- 3 links pork and wild rice sausage
- 8 oz (1 package) sliced mushrooms
- 8 oz (1/2 box) Acini de Pepe pasta
- chopped green onions, 1 bunch
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus extra to sprinkle on top
- olive oil
Cut the sausage into 1/4 thick pieces. Cook the sausage and the mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil over medium – medium high heat until browned. While the sausage and mushrooms are cooking, cook the acini de pepe according to the package’s instructions. When the pasta is done cooking, drain it and add it to the skillet with the browned sausage and mushrooms. Toss with the green onions, parmesan, and a drizzle of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.